Thread: Light box for “green screen” / “chroma key” photo editing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

I remain a computer Luddite and am in awe of the stuff Richard continues to learn. Thanks for being an apparently unattainable, yet totally admirable, role model!!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    I remain a computer Luddite and am in awe of the stuff Richard continues to learn. Thanks for being an apparently unattainable, yet totally admirable, role model!!!
    Just enough to get something done.. Thanks though. I wish I could hone to you standards!
    "" A purpose is the external condition required for success.""

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
    ..snip... That shadow must have come from somewhere, and given the direction, my sense remains that it came from that hole on the side of the box. If that shadow had been allowed to remain in the composite, then the resulting image would have appeared more seamless and "natural" in the post-renaissance chiaroscuro sense. Hence my critique as originally stated. In any case, dimming the background would have helped.
    Sorry to belabor the point, but I wasn't just carping on the subject as alleged, I was trying to offer some advice.
    Why confuse people?
    Well, Alan, anything at all with that green color from the green background totally disappears. So any original shadowing is gone. The real problem is that any green reflection is also gone and it took quite a few photos to minimize that effect. Therefor, my comment about having a lot of original photos, and no way of knowing which was done with what light. Just wanted to get the least reflection of the green background.

Since I haven't been to the hotel room at that venue for 50 years, a green screen helps renew the memories.
    ~Richard
    "" A purpose is the external condition required for success.""

Thread Information