Thread: Does anyone care?

1. Collapse Details
    Does anyone care?
    Exclamation
    Does anyone Care??
    A member wanted big changes in the forum, he got them and then he went away. Another wanted to pass on some unused items...no classifieds anymore. One of the owners has not posted in months.
    Should the forum be archived?
    We have asked this question for over a tear and no one will actually come forward to add content or make the forum a living thing.
    ~Geezer
    "" A purpose is the external condition required for success.""

2. Collapse Details

I would not like to see it archived, but can see that is where it is likely headed.

I check daily for new posts, eager to see what knowledge the members have to share, and if there are any pics or reviews. I respect the opinions of the staff and the prominent posters on this forum.
    I did post pics and a question a week or two back, about a Thuringian I acquired and sadly, there has been no reply. I'm a member of most of the shave forums and could have posted the same on them, but felt this was the place I wanted to discuss and learn about the stone.

Anyway, I would like to keep visiting and learning here, but it cannot continue long with low traffic and participation like it has been.
    Joe

3. Collapse Details

What the hell might as well keep it going as long as possible. Some of the guys have gotten decent jobs and have new responsibilities. Hanging on to your job is a priority these days. Post when you can. I still have a pile of barber hones to test… Free time is a luxury.
    Mike
    Last edited by MODINE; November 3rd, 2015 at 01:53 PM.
    "Focus on where the razors spine is during the shave." This will allow you to make pitch adjustments to the blade angle reducing the chance of cuts.

4. Collapse Details

Im steel here and i will stay dont whant to close the forum . Mike is right free time is luxury now

5. Collapse Details

If RusenBG is staying, I will too!
    I like his style

6. Collapse Details

Sure I care. I come to this forum to share and resolve specific problems that I trust will be answered in the most honest fashion. I see the current state of the forum kind of like a good friend inviting you to dinner prepares a lovely meal for at you the table. You sit down but he cant join you this evening and although the food is great you kind of miss his company.

7. Collapse Details

I am usually here at least three times every day. I do miss the guys that had some thing other than hones to speak of.
    ~Richard
    "" A purpose is the external condition required for success.""

8. Collapse Details

I promise to come back. Don't archive anything

9. Collapse Details

Richard, I have wondered the same thing. New posts are rare - sometimes a week! But I think it is partially because the people here are a different bunch. There is not a lot of frivolous crap posted (like on most forums) which is one of the reasons I came here.
    I have been away for the past week but check in daily, if nothing is new I read other information within the site and almost always find answers to my queries.
    I miss Sham's contributions as well but I assume he has reason.
    Yes, I wish it was more active at times, but I have always been a quality over quantity kind of guy.
    I'll be here till the end - whenever that may be.

Paul

10. Collapse Details

I am one of those who has pulled back from all forums due to time.
    God Bless,
    Scott

Thread Information