Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2777

Warning: Illegal string offset 'link' in [path]/includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2791
L'Occitane CADE Soap

Thread: L'Occitane CADE Soap

1. Collapse Details
    L'Occitane CADE Soap
    You may notice that I use several L'Occitane products, that is because I work just a couple of blocks from a L'Occitane store.

This is a review of their shave soap. First things first, a little background. I use a 24mm Whipped Dog Synthetic to face lathered.
    Ease of making lather is equal to that of Stirling.
    Slickness is slightly better than Stirling.
    Aroma is great, but does not last after the shave.
    Protection is probably the best I have felt.

This soap at $12 is the best bargain that I have found. I purchased the below pictured puck over 200 shaves ago. It just fits into a old C&E bowl.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1449539237884-2112605181.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	4396
    And the new puck...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1449539305543-906270197.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	4397

2. Collapse Details

That is a bargain at 12 bucks. I am not familiar with the soap but have used the cream which is quite pricey around my neck of the woods. I cant say I am very impressed with the creams performance compared to most others in my stable but I really like the smell of their product. If the soap which I prefer in general works much better I would surely give it a try.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Razorfaust View Post
    That is a bargain at 12 bucks. I am not familiar with the soap but have used the cream which is quite pricey around my neck of the woods. I cant say I am very impressed with the creams performance compared to most others in my stable but I really like the smell of their product. If the soap which I prefer in general works much better I would surely give it a try.
    I haven't used the cream, but the soap works very well. It is a hard milled soap, but with my brush I usually swirl until just making lather (usually around 15-30 swirls), then go to my face. There is plenty of lather for 4 or more passes or 3 passes + my head.

4. Collapse Details

Wonderful soap. Great scent, lathers beautifully, but it's too drying for my skin.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Crackstar View Post
    Wonderful soap. Great scent, lathers beautifully, but it's too drying for my skin.
    I'm very sorry to hear that, because it is one of the best soaps on the market...not to mention at it's price point. I am surprised that it is drying to you, it has shay butter in it, if it were tallow it would be the perfect soap. So the rabbit hole gets a little deeper, buy more balms and keep using this soap. ;-)

6. Collapse Details

I accidentally ran into a local loccitane store here in Sweden, so I bought a puck. They had some other nice products aswell, what else do you use?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AP Cassity View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that, because it is one of the best soaps on the market...not to mention at it's price point. I am surprised that it is drying to you, it has shay butter in it, if it were tallow it would be the perfect soap. So the rabbit hole gets a little deeper, buy more balms and keep using this soap. ;-)
    Even the price didn't bother me because it's worth the money and more. My skin however is very sensitive.

8. Collapse Details

I use L'Occitan ASB & EDT, CADE Soap, ASB & EDT, Eau Des Baux ASB & EDT.

L'Occitan is light and fresh with hints of Lavender & Black Pepper
    CADE is light and fresh with hints of Cade & Pink Pepper
    Eau Des Baux is a heavier or darker scent but has much better sillage it has notes of cypress and incense and a hint of vanilla/tobacco, more suited for Fall and Winter.

Yes...L'Occitane has received a nice chunk of my paycheck...Stirling gets the rest.
    Last edited by AP Cassity; July 14th, 2016 at 07:20 AM.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
    -- Gen. George S. Patton

Thread Information