Thread: What is the best way to apply Cologne, EDT or Aftershave?

1. Collapse Details
    What is the best way to apply Cologne, EDT or Aftershave?
    What is the best way to apply Cologne, EDT or Aftershave? Many after shaves are splash and go with a quick evaporation or dry down is the the term?

Some of the colognes and EDTs are WHOA! Be careful how much you put on! Now the trick is washing it off. Any suggestions? ( on application of- not washing it off. )
    Mike
    "Focus on where the razors spine is during the shave." This will allow you to make pitch adjustments to the blade angle reducing the chance of cuts.

2. Collapse Details

I like to pat the face dry after rinsing from the shave - not completely dry.
    I then mix a large pea size amount of 444 with a good splash of aftershave in the palm and mix with my finger to blend. Then mix into both hands and apply all over and keep rubbing into face and neck till gone.
    The combination of a moisturizer with alcohol aftershave is very nice and leaves the face feeling revitalized. I love it!
    I haven't used Cologne in years (although the Conk I use is labeled as Aftershave - Cologne) but less is more and you can always add a little more but removing a little means starting over with a wash.
    I consider Cologne to be stronger and longer lasting than an aftershave so I consider the Conk as aftershave.

Paul
    Last edited by paulblo; October 16th, 2016 at 10:10 AM.

3. Collapse Details

For aftershave, I pretty much do what Paul does, even adding 444 following his method with Vitos After-Shaving (a killer combo!). Basically, a nickel- or quarter-sized puddle in the palm of the off-hand, then rub the palms together and quickly rub this on the areas where I've shaved. Any excess I wipe on the back of my neck. (Winter I switch to balms and witch hazel as the alcohol splash dries out my face then.)

Colognes/EdTs come in two varieties from what I can tell, a bottle with a mister and a bottle without. Of the two, I prefer the bottle without the mister. There, I place my index fingertip over the mouth of the bottle and bring the cologne solution into contact with it. Then the fingertip is placed on a pulse point at the base of my neck, near the collarbone. Ditto for the other side. Then the back of my neck the same way, my sternum, and the pulse points on my wrists.

I tend to shave in the evening and shower in the morning. So the aftershave and the cologne never really interfere with each other.
    Alan

4. Collapse Details

Thanks guy’s that’s pretty much what I do as well. There is nothing worse than smelling some dude that used too much cologne. Especially in a restaurant. To me it’s’ worse than second hand smoke, and I’m an ex-smoker. I’ve heard say “If you can smell it yourself, you have used too much”.

I remember watching an old episode of “Queer eye for the Straight Guy”, hey they made some good points, about applying EDT sprays. They even had one show where they took guys in for a straight shave. After showering, spray one blast about chest high into the middle of the room and walk through it. Keep walking. If you spray directly onto your skin you dose yourself too much. Then you stank. He,he.
    Mike
    Last edited by MODINE; October 18th, 2016 at 09:48 AM. Reason: spell
    "Focus on where the razors spine is during the shave." This will allow you to make pitch adjustments to the blade angle reducing the chance of cuts.

Thread Information